Self Care Coordinators provide this service for people aged 18+ in the practice to help you manage the things in your life that may affect your health and wellbeing. We have time to listen, explore options and help you work towards your goals.
The Self Care Coordinator is someone who:
- You can talk to confidentially
- Gives you one to one support to help you manage your own health and wellbeing
- Can link you to local services and support
- Can provide you with techniques and online tools you can build in to day to day living.
The types of issues the service can support you with:
- Long Term Conditions such as asthma, obesity, diabetes, anxiety, hypertension
- Lifestyle e.g. diet, physical activity, weight management
- Finance, relationships, housing, employment
- Loneliness, social isolation
- Caring issues
We know that the past few months have been really difficult, and my role at the practice is to provide support around issues which matter the most to you, and those affecting your wellbeing which are non-medical. This may range from low mood, anxiety and worry about lockdown ending, to financial or housing issues.
We are offering phone appointments at the moment, and I am here to talk through these difficulties or to help you find the necessary services to enable you to move forward.
If you feel that this is something which would help you please contact the surgery to arrange a phone appointment. Caitlin – Self-care & wellbeing coordinator.
Ask in the practice for an appointment with the Self Care Coordinator.
Wellbeing & Self Care Service.png