Self Care Coordinators provide this service for people aged 18+ in the practice to help you manage the things in your life that may affect your health and wellbeing. We have time to listen, explore options and help you work towards your goals.
The Self Care Coordinator is someone who:
- You can talk to confidentially
- Gives you one to one support to help you manage your own health and wellbeing
- Can link you to local services and support
- Can provide you with techniques and online tools you can build in to day to day living.
The types of issues the service can support you with:
- Long Term Conditions such as asthma, obesity, diabetes, anxiety, hypertension
- Lifestyle e.g. diet, physical activity, weight management
- Finance, relationships, housing, employment
- Loneliness, social isolation
- Caring issues
We know that the past few months have been really difficult, and my role at the practice is to provide support around issues which matter the most to you, and those affecting your wellbeing which are non-medical. This may range from low mood, anxiety and worry about lockdown ending, to financial or housing issues.
We are offering phone appointments at the moment, and I am here to talk through these difficulties or to help you find the necessary services to enable you to move forward.
If you feel that this is something which would help you please contact the surgery to arrange a phone appointment. Caitlin – Self-care & wellbeing coordinator.
Ask in the practice for an appointment with the Self Care Coordinator.
Wellbeing & Self Care Service
Who is this service for?
Anyone aged 18+ registered with a Stockport GP who requires support with social issues (such as housing or finances), or long term conditions (such as anxiety and diabetes)
What is the service on offer?
1:1 support around issues such as low mood, anxiety or loneliness. The service can support those who are managing a long term condition such as anxiety or depression or who may need help with issues such as housing or finances. The service can also link you in with groups within your community.
How do I access the service?
Speak to your GP Receptionist